Wednesday 29 February 2012

The End

Almost gone… Sitting at the airport as I write this, last hour or so in Assam.

This journey had begun with trepidation, I was doubtful how I would adjust to everything. The first few days felt difficult, thought that 6 weeks would never get over. As I settled in and interacted with the people, I grew to appreciate the rare experience I was gaining. And this last week, days seemed to have just rushed past. And it was time to say goodbye to Chhaygaon, and Guwahati.

The last day was packed with activities. Meeting everyone to thank them a last time, lovely lunch prepared by Aunty in the house, exchanging gifts… just as they had welcomed me warmly, so did they bid adieu.

I am taking back a lot of learnings from these 6 weeks.

I am so glad to have gained this perspective of life. Stuck in Bombay, one never realised what life would be like right at the other end of the country.

I have always been apprehensive of change – the thought of a new place and new set of people used to make me a little nervous. After having travelled and lived, although temporarily, in different places over last couple of years, I am confident and even look forward to discovering a new place. But I realise more than ever, the importance of having good people around.

This has been one of my most enriching experiences yet – I am going to try that it does not get lost in the hustle-bustle of my life.

1 comment:

  1. aur bhaiyyon aur unki behenon, isi ke saath samapt hota hai assam se ye chhoti kahaniyon ka karyakram.

    hum asha karte hain ki aapko pasand aaya hoga, aur hum khaas dhanyavaad kehna chahenge 'sheher-ki-ladki' Miti Vaidya ko :)

    ReplyDelete